autotools clean up

From: Sami Kerola
Subject: autotools clean up
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:33:51 +0200

Hello dejagnu maintainers,

See attachment for rather large patch. I took liberty to remove all
autofiles from git repository.

$ git diff HEAD~1 --shortstat

I described commit having the following changes.

    Do not include autotools generated files in git

        * remove files autotools will generate
        * add 'autogen.sh' script to allow easy regeneration of autofiles
        * modify sub-projects to be sub-directory builds
        * remove files required by sub-projects
        * add m4 directory to top level
        * add libtool configure.ac
        * add autoscan recommended checks to configure.ac
        * fix include paths in couple .c files
        * add .gitignore file
        * enable maintainer to 'make dist' package
        * modify README file to tell how to build git version

The commit should 'git am' clean on top of
57c22601afe43d2c2b8819df4f2ecacb034516fd, which is the latest update
in public git.

Please notice that 'make distcheck' will fail due expected check
failures in subdirectories. I recon that is small problem. For rest
have a look of README file, which contains quick start information how
to run build and checks after this commit.

Comments, merge, reject?

--
   Sami Kerola
   http://www.iki.fi/kerolasa/