sim.exp remote_spawn missing 'readonly' arg?

From: Christophe Lyon
Subject: sim.exp remote_spawn missing 'readonly' arg?
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:31:14 +0200

Hi,

I have spent some time trying to understand why isatty(2) in a target
program returned a different value when I executed the GCC testsuite
natively on an ARM board and when executed via qemu.

It turns out that:
- when running natively, stderr is handled as a pipe between the
target program and runtest, hence isatty(2) returns 0. In this case,
dejagnu uses the 'unix' target, where unix_load calls remote_spawn
with the 'readonly' argument.

- when running via qemu, stderr is handled as a pty, hence isatty(2)
returns 1. In this case, dejagnu uses the arm-sim target, where
remote_spawn is called without the 'readonly' argument. Forcing it to
readonly in sim_spawn does the trick.

Is this a bug, or should I change something in my configuration?

Thanks,

Christophe.