Re: Setting environment variables when running tests?

From: Brooks Moses
Subject: Re: Setting environment variables when running tests?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:45:25 -0700

Hi Ben,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Ben Elliston <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Is it possible to define a DejaGnu test such that a particular
>> environment variable will be set when the test is run?
>
> Yes. There are examples of this in the GCC testsuite. Does it help to
> grep for "setenv" in gcc/testsuite/lib?

I had a look, but I didn't see any usages that appeared to be setting
environment variables at runtime on the target machine rather than
compile-time on the build machine ... and that's probably something I
should have clarified; I'm doing a cross-build where I need the
environment variable set on the target machine.  Are there examples of
that use-case that I'm missing, or is everything assuming that using
"setenv" on the build machine is sufficient?

(I'm guessing that there aren't, as I'm also not seeing any machinery
in e.g. remote.exp to hand off environment variables to the non-local
machine.)

Thanks,
- Brooks