Re: [RFA] fix remote testing I/O conflicts

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [RFA] fix remote testing I/O conflicts
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 17:16:12 +0700

On 03/03/2016 01:45 AM, Yvan Roux wrote:

> To fix this issue, changing the layout to have the testcases
> downloaded and executed inside "/tmp/pid/" directory would do the job,
> but as this change might have an impact on other project or on other
> config which use remote_download, my proposal is to offer the
> possibility to define the remote directory in which testcases will be
> downloaded and executed with a target board info named "remote_dir".
> A board spec with the line bellow will then fix our issue:

  I'll look into this, not sure if anyone else but Linaro is doing
multiple builds in parallel. I think I lean towards the "/tmp/pid/"
solution. I don't believe this would break anything else, but would of
course want to make the change and try it.

  The other easy solution is to not have multiple Jenkins executors on
the same machine. :-)

        - rob -