Re: removing stale config files

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: removing stale config files
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 07:18:58 -0600

On 03/22/2016 04:28 AM, Ben Elliston wrote:
> The following files are in the config/ directory.  Many of these are
> very, very old.  Can you please let me know if you suggest (a)
> removing a file immediately (and if so, which one) or (b) marking a
> file for removal after the next release.
>
> Then we can start on the baseboards. :-)

  Sometimes there is confusion over what should be in config. and what
should be in baseboards.

  These need to be saved, they still get used:
> adb.exp
> sim.exp
> unix.exp
> vxworks.exp

  Not so sure about these, probably worth keeping:
> gdb-comm.exp
> gdb_stub.exp
> sid.exp
> sid.exp

  Most of these are for dead debug monitors, and probably never used
anymore. I still have some of the (antique) hardware, but none of it's
been powered up in decades.
> arc.exp
> arm-ice.exp
> base68k.exp