Re: [RFA] fix remote testing I/O conflicts

From: Yvan Roux
Subject: Re: [RFA] fix remote testing I/O conflicts
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 11:18:55 +0200

Hi,

On 4 April 2016 at 10:21, Yvan Roux <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> On 4 April 2016 at 10:16, Ben Elliston <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Yvan,
>>
>>>         * config/unix.exp (unix_load): Delegate remote directory handling to
>>>         remote_download.
>>>         * lib/remote.exp (remnote_download): Create a remote directory (in a
>>>         new global remotedir) if needed and handle it.
>>>         (remote_exec): Execute program inside remotedir when it exists.
>>>         (remote_close): Remove remotedir when it exists.
>>>         (standard_load): Delegate remote directory handling to
>>>         remote_download.
>>
>> remotedir shouldn't be a global variabl. It needs to be a proper board
>> setting -- please, no more globals! :-)
>
> Oh ok ... it was a board setting in my first patch, maybe I
> misunderstood the comments ;)
>
>> Can you please fix the patch to do this?  Also, you need to make sure
>> the documentation is updated with the new board setting so that people
>> don't need to read the DejaGnu code to discover it.
>
> Ok, sure.

Here is the new version of the patch (GCC cross validation is OK).

Cheers,
Yvan

 2016-04-06  Yvan Roux  <address@hidden>

        * doc/dejagnu.texi (Board File Values): Document new remotedir field.
        * config/unix.exp (unix_load): Handle remote directory in board field.
        (remotedir): Set board info field.
        * lib/remote.exp (remnote_download): Create a remote directory if
        needed and use it.
        (remote_exec): Execute program inside remotedir when it exists.
        (standard_load): Set remotedir board field if not present.