Re: isremote and unix board special handling question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: isremote and unix board special handling question
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 18:10:23 -0700

On 11/28/18 2:10 PM, Brooks Moses wrote:

> Much like the other big lesson of the last 30 years or so: Shipping
> something that works is far more valuable than waiting to try to
> achieve perfection.  :)

  It was worse than that. :-) When I started DejaGnu, there were only 7
of us in all of Cygnus, and the GCC team wanted a way to cross test, so
it got used daily while under heavy development. Plus none of us (me)
really knew how cross testing needed to work, which is obvious in the
code. :-) Sorry...

  My daydream is to analyze the current functionality, write a true
design doc, and write a new python based implementation. :-) We need
something that'll last another 30 years, and last I checked, Tcl has no
maintainers...

        - rob -