Re: PATCH: fix "missing tests" bug and other improvements to testsuite/r

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: Re: PATCH: fix "missing tests" bug and other improvements to testsuite/runtest.all/libs.exp
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 20:09:44 +1100

On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 10:28:10PM -0600, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:

> This patch fixes a bug that could cause test results to be missed in
> libs.exp and adds material to the manual explaining the issue.

Thanks. Applied.

> While adding an entire page worth of text to the manual may seem an
> unusual step in fixing a bug, I wrote it because I had previously
> hit the same bug in code that I had written for my own project's
> testsuite.  Finding that the same bug that had taken me a week to
> track down (because it was inconsistent, depending on the whim of
> the scheduler whether or not additional results would be in the
> Expect buffer) was also in DejaGnu's own testsuite prompted me to
> document this particular "gotcha" with Expect.

Much appreciated!

>       * testsuite/runtest.all/*.test: Emit END markers when done.

I can't find the reference now, but I seem to recall the GNU coding
standard saying that ChangeLogs should not use wildcards because it
prevents searching for the particular filename later
(eg. "remote.test" would not be found in the ChangeLog entry above). I
have fixed this up for you.

Cheers, Ben