Re: PATCH: add dejagnu(1) multi-launcher

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: Re: PATCH: add dejagnu(1) multi-launcher
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 11:58:14 +1100

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 06:52:58PM -0600, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:

> That is what makes it "fun" -- I am not entirely certain what is in
> POSIX sh and what is a Bash-specific extension, so I tend to "follow
> suit" on this codebase and presume that the existing code is the way
> it is for a reason not known to me.

I refer to the POSIX specification here:

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/xcu_chap02.html

Conversely, the Bash man page should explain what is and is not a Bash
extension.

Sometimes it is true that things are the way they are for a reason,
but some of those reasons are now 25 years old. I really don't mind
the idea that the next version of DejaGnu might not run on Ultrix. :)

Cheers, Ben