Re: PATCH: Update internal unit tests for changes from 22 years ago

From: Jacob Bachmeyer
Subject: Re: PATCH: Update internal unit tests for changes from 22 years ago
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 21:23:51 -0500

Rob Savoye wrote:
On 5/21/19 8:38 PM, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
While developing tests for default_target_compile, I ran into several
strange problems that I eventually tracked down to an empty board_info
array.  Apparently, when the target configuration was moved into the
board_info array 22 years ago, the DejaGnu internal unit tests had been
forgotten, having only been written a year earlier.  :-)  Since the
remote and target tests have been stubs for as long as I can see, this
breakage sat unnoticed until now.

  That's pretty funny, as the m68k support has been depreciated from the
GNU toolchain due to lack of hardware.

Why? The simulators still work, or were the Cygnus simulators never actually released? (I have never actually seen them.) Use m68k QEMU? Or is m68k basically a dead arch now that is no longer used?

 I still have the boards in those
target settings someplace, but they haven't been powered up in 20 years.
:-) Those m6k targets were some of the earliest in DejaGnu, and those
were added to test the "debug monitor" remote protocol in GDB.

Well, then it looks like I will be using those boards as test data for testing default_target_compile. :-)

-- Jacob