Re: dejagnu version update?

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Subject: Re: dejagnu version update?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 00:43:26 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 13 May 2020, Rainer Orth wrote:

> > I'm in favour of requiring 1.5.3 or later, so 1.6 would be OK for me.
>
> If we go beyond 1.5.x, we need to go all the way up to 1.6.2: 1.6 and
> 1.6.1 have an ugly bug that can miss timeouts, causing tests to hang
> indefinitely until one manually kills them.

 Would you mind sharing a reference such as a DejaGNU Git commit ID of the
fix for the bug you mean?

 Versions 1.6 and 1.6.1 seem ubiquitous and coincidentally earlier this
very week I have been chasing a phenomenon with Expect's `wait' semantics
causing a reliable hang in remote testing if `ssh' to the target board
stops responding for whatever reason.  I have come up with a solution
(that I'd be happy to upstream, except that DejaGNU maintenance seems to
have been dead for like a year now), which I have also confirmed to be
required with current DejaGNU Git master so it must be a different one,
and I would like to know how it might be related to the bug you mention.

  Maciej