Re: Driving DejaGNU from Linux for testing arm-none-eabi toolchain execu

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Driving DejaGNU from Linux for testing arm-none-eabi toolchain executed on Windows
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 11:24:28 -0600

On 10/2/20 9:29 AM, Torbjorn SVENSSON wrote:

> Is it possible to run DejaGNU on a Linux system for the Windows tests too,
> but use scp/ssh, or something similar, to connect to the Windows system to
> run the toolchain binaries?

  Yes, DejaGnu has been able to do this since it was created. The rough
concept is called a Canadian Cross. We used to use telnet, to use ssh
you'd need an ssh server, but Cygwin works quite well.

> 1. Build the toolchain using the Arm provided scripts

  I'd suggest using the ABE tool
(https://git.linaro.org/toolchain/abe.git/), not sure what ARM uses now,
but Linaro uses ABE. ABE does support build a windows hosted toolchain.

> 2. Copy the source tree to the Windows system. (Is this needed for includes
> to work...?)

  You don't need to do this.

> Is this possible? If so, how do I configure DejaGNU to do this?

  It's a mix of board files, and the global site.exp file.

> To reduce the risk of introducing different QEMU results on Linux and
> Windows, I have created a simulator script that transfers the built binary to
> the Linux system and executes QEMU on the Linux system.

  DejaGnu handles all of this.

        - rob -