Re: Broken links in online HTML manual

From: Jacob Bachmeyer
Subject: Re: Broken links in online HTML manual
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 17:40:36 -0500

Rob Savoye wrote:
On 3/29/22 04:13, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
All the links for configuration files at
https://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/index.html give a 404
error:
https://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/Local-configuration-file.html https://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/Global-configuration-file.html https://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/Board-configuration-file.html https://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/Configuration-file-values.html

Several other pages of the manual are missing too:
https://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/Running-other-DejaGnu-commands.html

I just updated the HTML manual pages on gnu.org, but still get a 404 on the config files. We'll have to look into that. I did add all the new pages though as the first step.

    - rob -

They seem to all be there now; thanks for taking care of this, Rob. (The actual update to the Web server has a small delay after the CVS commit on Savannah.)

Apparently I somehow missed adding the new nodes to the website CVS repository when updating the manual for 1.6.3. Is there a different command for adding files vs. updating existing files in CVS?

I have also noticed that I had forgotten to update the PDF version of the manual; this has just now been done (and added to my release checklist). While glancing over the new PDF, I noticed a small formatting error due to the use of straight quotes around 'make check' in a manual heading; for now I have fixed the quotes to `make check' in Git master, but there might be an appropriate Texinfo marking command to use for this -- other similar contexts use those instead of direct quote marks.

-- Jacob