?????? How to execute "runtest" with mult-threads?

From: ??????
Subject: ?????? How to execute "runtest" with mult-threads?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:33:57 +0800

Thank you very much for your reply.

Lin

------------------ ???????? ------------------
??????: "jcb62281" <jcb62281@gmail.com>;
????????: 2022??9??23??(??????) ????10:51
??????: "??????"<799942558@qq.com>;
????: "dejagnu"<dejagnu@gnu.org>;
????: Re: How to execute "runtest" with mult-threads?

?????? wrote:
> Hi, dejagnu
>
> I am a contributer for GCC.
>
> After I fix some bugs in GCC, I often use dejagnu to test GCC by a
> command like "make check-gcc ..." and use "-j" to speed up.
>
> I want to verify a distributed version of GCC in openEuler, recently.
> I think I only use "runtest --srcdir /path/testsuite -tool gcc ..." to
> test GCC, because it only has a binary version. But I didn't see any
> args like "-j" to speed up "runtest". Do I ignore some important tips?
> So do you have some tips that can help me to speed up the test with
> distributed version GCC?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The best way to do this at the moment is to run subsets of the testsuite
separately in parallel runtest processes.  The smallest unit that can be
parceled out in this way is each individual *.exp test script.  The most
convenient unit is each tool, but that will not help with testing GCC.

Native parallel testing support is a long-term goal for DejaGnu, but
will require extensive infrastructure improvements and some cooperation
from testsuites.

Parallel testing is also completely impossible for some targets, such as
the embedded boards that were a major historical impetus for DejaGnu.
Again, eventual infrastructure improvements may allow for parallel
testing if multiple boards are available, but, historically, using
multiple boards was economically infeasible.

-- Jacob