demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss]Freedom gear

From: Suraj Kumar
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss]Freedom gear
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:38:47 +0530

"Vytautas \\\"Vytzka\\\" Juodis" writes:

 >  OK, at first - hello to everybody, I am Vytzka and I guess I'm now
 > in charge of the Freedom Gear :). As I imagine, I'll have to create
 > images and slogans for T-shirts and other things.

precisely :)

 >  At  first  I'd  like to  ask  you  about  the  main logo  of  this
 > project. I couldn't see it in  your website, so I guess there is no
 > such thing. How would you think of having a logo? (stupid question,
 > I guess:))  If you don't  mind, I guess  the logo could  be somehow
 > connected with  air (for it is  said 'free as air')  or wind, maybe
 > even some kind of mythological creature or ancient god. So I'd like
 > to  hear your  opinion about  this thing.   Ok, so  this  should be
 > enough for a first time, I guess.

definitely!  it  would rather  be nice if  you find  some mythological
character  that  does not  frighten  children  away!   ;) My  personal
suggestion would be some sort of a bull-like / gnu-like character that
symbolises the  Free Software Movement and also  shows some connection
between education / learning related stuff and freedom of computing.

... and no... not a penguin... because penguins can't fly :P

best of luck! :)

  -Suraj
--
| Penance conditions the mind in virtues to abstain                |