denemo-devel

[bug #60434] Audio not working (archlinux)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [bug #60434] Audio not working (archlinux)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:49:12 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #60434 (project denemo):

There is now a warning not to change

Edit-> Change Preferences-> Audio->Audio Output Device

unless you have a special reason.

Choosing a particular output device results in the output library trying to
gain exclusive access to the device. Instead set this field to the value
"default" (without the quotes!).

If needed, use alsamixer to set your audio output default to the device you
want to use.

I have a USB device for the sound output and from time to time the operating
system loses its connection to it - when I look at the list of audio hardware,
only the internal soundcard is listed. When this happens I have to re-boot and
then the USB card is found again. This is a bug in my setup, though, not in
Denemo.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?60434>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/