diffutils-devel

Help with compile error on Arch Linux (error=stack-protector)

From: David Parrish
Subject: Help with compile error on Arch Linux (error=stack-protector)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 02:30:21 +0100 (CET)

I'm trying to maintain a patch for diffutils and my operating system is Arch
Linux. Can someone help me with these compile errors? Something to do with
"stack-protector".

The error is:

In file included from mbsstr.c:33:
str-kmp.h: In function 'knuth_morris_pratt':
str-kmp.h:35:1: error: stack protector not protecting local variables: variable
length buffer [-Werror=stack-protector]
   35 | knuth_morris_pratt (const UNIT *haystack,
  CC       sh-quote.o
  CC       sig-handler.o
  CC       stat-time.o
mbsstr.c: In function 'knuth_morris_pratt_multibyte':
mbsstr.c:41:1: error: stack protector not protecting local variables: variable
length buffer [-Werror=stack-protector]
   41 | knuth_morris_pratt_multibyte (const char *haystack, const char *needle,

https://gist.github.com/dmp1ce/b149381d9d3f194f431e3f79a612ade7