Re: [Directory-discuss] Updated proposal for FSD entry of GNU xorriso

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: Re: [Directory-discuss] Updated proposal for FSD entry of GNU xorriso
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:34:37 -0500

On 12/13/2011 03:49 AM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> There would be few use in giving me editing permission, because my
> browser does not react on clicking the grey button "help to improve
> this entry" on http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Xorriso.

Using that button requires javascript. (In case you use something like
abrowser, the firefox clone, you can install the free "NoScript" plugin
that will let you selectively disable or enable javascript for different
sites.)

> My proposal for the updated record content:
>
> GNU xorriso creates, loads, manipulates, and writes ISO 9660 filesystem
> images with Rock Ridge extensions. Files can be copied in and out.
> Optionally it supports hard links, ACLs, xattr, and MD5 checksums.
> The session results get written to optical media or to filesystem objects.
>
> A special property of xorriso is that it needs neither an external ISO 9660
> formatter program nor an external burn program for CD, DVD, or BD, but
> rather incorporates the libraries of libburnia-project.org .
> Thus GNU xorriso depends only on fundamental operating system facilities.
>
> Current stable version is
> http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/xorriso/xorriso-1.1.8.tar.gz

Thanks for the updated information. Having maintainers supply changes is
very helpful. :) You can see the updated page here:

http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Xorriso

Have a nice day!
-Andrew