Re: [directory-discuss] Fwd: Re: Debian/Ubuntu Database import

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Fwd: Re: Debian/Ubuntu Database import
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:37:44 -0400

Andrew Engelbrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey, I sent this email almost a week ago, but I just got an email saying
> it wasn't delivered. Here goes another try (after a few edits)... :)

I'm sure that in the case of GNU packages we will prefer the information
we already have.

We do need to figure out how we are handling conflicts in general. One
option is to get the Flagged Revisions extensions to work with SMW. That
would allow info to be imported but not displayed, and a human could
then evaluate the diffs where there are conflicts. We really wanted to
use Flagged Revisions in general, because that could greatly simplify
the process for non-admins to contribute. The blocker is that it does
not play nice with SMW.

Also note that the import will be based on source packages, not binary
packages. This does remove some distro-specific oddness.

Debian main is expected to only have free software in it. But yes, we'd
likely use Trisquel anyway.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.