[directory-discuss] Guidelines

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [directory-discuss] Guidelines
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 20:49:40 -0400

It came to my attention that we did not actually have published
documentation for our policies about what is accepted into the
Directory. Oops!

I started the process of copying our previously internal documentation
over to the public wiki so that everyone evaluating submissions can work
from it.

It is definitely not concise or easily usable at the moment, but it's a
start. :)

So please refer to the "Reviewing new submissions" section on
<http://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Free_Software_Directory:Workflow>.
Changes to the substance should be discussed on this list, but don't
hesitate to make any changes to make it more readable and organized.

I was thinking that maybe it should be moved to its own page, with a
short checklist at the top, with the checklist items linking to
additional explanation.

Also, I closed several bug reports, hope you can too! See
<http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category:Bug_report>.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.