Re: [directory-discuss] NEW COLLECTION: Free Software Directory:Chromium

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] NEW COLLECTION: Free Software Directory:Chromium and Iridium extensions (proposed)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:53:00 -0400

On 10/28/2015 05:25 AM, David Hedlund wrote:
> New collection:
> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Chromium_and_Iridium_extensions_%28proposed%29
>

> Feel free to submit new entries and work on this collection.

This is an OK approach. But, I think we should be careful in how we do
this sort of bulk/repo type work from here on out.

What we learned from the IceCat extensions process is that while
creating a page to organize our work is OK, we should be more careful
about submitting new entry pages that are only partially written. That
is, we shouldn't do bulk page creation of partially filled out entries
that need a lot of work to them before they can be published. We should
instead make sure that we follow through and try to complete one entry
at a time.

It's OK if it needs additional review of the license info, but I don't
want to add to the already growing and large backlog of entries we have
in our unapproved queue. This backlog is already starting to hurt us
because there are people submitting entries and now waiting a relatively
long time before they can be reviewed. I'm not saying that the IceCat
add-ons are not of value, but, we don't want it to deter more new people
from submitting entries.

Josh

--
Joshua Gay