[directory-discuss] jitsi

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: [directory-discuss] jitsi
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:30:03 -0500

Is there a reason why jitsi (http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Jitsi)
doesn't meet the DFSG? It's mentioned here in this bug:
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789038).

I ask because if it's a reason we might care about, we should know about
it too.

I've had a cursory look through the code and their documentation and I'm
not sure I found anything besides that they point the user to download
Oracle's java for compiling the software. Perhaps (I don't know this for
a fact, just guessing) it can't be compiled using OpenJDK/Icetea?

At the very least, the licensing information on the directory listing
for Jitsi on the FSD is out of date, since they seem to have moved from
the LGPL to Apache 2.0.