Re: [directory-discuss] a couple of questions

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] a couple of questions
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 10:29:37 -0300

As an almost off-topic note:

If I recall correctly, both Free Software Directory, and LibrePlanet use
Semantic MediaWiki (instead of plain MediaWiki) as wiki for these sites.

I'm not a Semantic MediaWiki expert, but perhaps we can take advantage
of some it's features to automate some tasks.

Here's some story about my contributions to both LibrePlanet and Free
Software Directory wikis, if you're interested...

I've been contributing to LibrePlanet, mainly on reworking the "Action
items" page [LibrePlanet-action-items] (and linking to it in the
"Participate" [LibrePlanet-participate] page, since the first one was
orphan!), and also have been restructuring it so as to appear more
organized. And with this process, I started experimenting a little with
the queries of Semantic MediaWiki, although there seems to be a
difference between LibrePlanet's and Free Software Directory's
[bug-LibrePlanet-feed-result].

And so I have built an #ask query that outputs a simple table (by
default, Semantic Mediawiki's queries result in tables), and this table
automatically looks for pages with at least the "Action name" property
set (although I don't know how to make this match the page's name, other
than copying and pasting). As a side-note: The query seems to be frozen
somehow, because I remember adding two more action items (about
CloudFlare [LibrePlanet-action-CloudFlare] and freenode
[LibrePlanet-action-freenode]), but they're not appearing there. I'll
wait some days for the query to update to see if still has this problem.