Re: [directory-discuss] Antifeatures - Blacklist

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Antifeatures - Blacklist
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 14:24:36 -0800

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016, at 02:18 PM, David Hedlund wrote:
> On 2016-12-16 23:14, Ian Kelling wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 7, 2016, at 03:31 AM, David Hedlund wrote:
> >> I just added a new section:
> >> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Antifeatures#Blacklist
> >>

> >> I added "Web of Trust - WOT" to it.
> >>
> >> Is there anything else that we should add there?
> >>

> > Per our guidelines, software with malware is not included in the
> > directory and should be treated the same way as other software which is
> > rejected for inclusion. Thus, it should not have a place in the
> > anti-features page. For the same reason, blacklist should not be an
> > anti-feature. I'm removing it.
> >
> I think it would be useful to blacklist well known proprietary software
> in case anyone try to add entries for them.

What do we do now? Afaik, if someone tries to add a hopelessly bad
package,, we delete the page, but the page still exists showing the
reason it was deleted. I think that works good to let people know. It
also makes the anti-features page simpler and clearer for people to
understand if it's for pages which still meet our guidelines, and can
still be useful, but want to warn people about.