Re: [directory-discuss] Ad-free freedom betrayed

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Ad-free freedom betrayed
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:43:43 -0800

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016, at 07:55 AM, David Hedlund wrote:

I think the Adblock Plus whitelist make Adblock Plus to a adware.

Adware definition: Adware, or advertising-supported software, is any software package that automatically renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adware

What do you guys think about this?

Sure, but I don't think we should take on the job of taging whether an
app has advertisements. Let's focus on important ethical issues for the
anti-feature tag. Let's just put some words in the description of adblock
plus. Several people have weighed in on this. I'm going to make an
edit, we can always revert it if needed.