Re: [directory-discuss] Fwd: Re: Congratulations for making Animal Farm

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Fwd: Re: Congratulations for making Animal Farm game
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 19:11:11 -0500

just to nit-pick a bit:

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 11:19:53 -0600 Elon wrote:
> I would recommend selling merchandise as a way to make money from
> open source software! T-shirts, coffee mugs, phone wallets.
> On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 06:16:39 -0800 Quiliro wrote:
> > - sell swag

that's what Quiliro meant by: "swag"

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 11:19:53 -0600 Elon wrote:
> In addition, would releasing a software as open source but temporarily
> copyrighted, but at some later point GPL'd

all software that is published in most places in the world is
copyrighted by default - copyright applies regardless of the license or
lack thereof - some places do not even allow authors to forfeit their
copyright - the more correct terms there are: "proprietary",
"closed-source", or "non-free"