Re: I'm looking for a free and open camera, pda, handheld, smartphone al

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: I'm looking for a free and open camera, pda, handheld, smartphone alternative.
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 15:35:54 -0500

Caleb Herbert <csh@bluehome.net> writes:

> I use(d) a combination of simple devices, centered around a little
> pocket notepad and pen for taking notes. Down with techonology!
>
> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Going_NoPhone
>
> My only grievance is the lack of a quality portable camera. The digital
> camera I bought is worse than the one that comes with most phones.

Great post!  I have been without phone since 2019.  I did not realize
all the advantages, until I confirmed them from my experience in
comparison with that post.  It provides very good tips too.  Thanks.

I would like a device which would connect to networks only when needed
(such as FSFLA's 0G http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/tag/0G.html ) and
rather record everything I do than publish it to the World.  With the
control, security and privacy embedded in such a device, I could
autonomously find out all the answers I need from my own previous
experiences (if I could organize and search search them all).  I would
like something that could be used in my elderly years and their
disabilities: low vision, low hearing, difficult mobility of arms and
legs, difficulty remembering and learning, etc.  I hope sometime to
collaborate in a project with such objectives.