Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [Replicant] Criteria for Android applications

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [Replicant] Criteria for Android applications
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 02:48:18 +0200

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 07:13:37 +0300
Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> People can remove repositories from F-droid or you can deliver your
> own F-Droid application with default repositories. Those are in
> settings.
>
> Just make your own repository.
That works but it requires  the time to maintain the repository and
rebuild the f-droid client with our repository, and probably time to
maintain the infrastructure behind that.

And so far we found someone that was interested to implement the
changes I talked about, but no one to review applications and setup an
alternative repository for f-droid.

So if nobody is going to do that for us, we'd rather find ways that
don't need any maintenance from the developers already involved in
Replicant.

Denis.