discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Compiling Electric 6.01 with MS VC++ 6.0

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Compiling Electric 6.01 with MS VC++ 6.0
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 06:49:34 -0700

I got 2 errors compiling. File 'graphpccode.cpp' under 'src/graph', related
to "newline in constant" and "missing ) before designator 'copyright' ". I
know zero C programming, can anyone help point me in the right direction?

I have seen this problem before. It only happens in certain foreign countries where the English ASCII byte codes get mangled in translation. Electric tries to turn the string "(c)" into a single "copyright" character, and that character has gotten mangled on your computer.

The solution is to go to the offending line and make sure that the quotes are balanced. You will find something like:
    xxx("d)
and you should turn it into:
    xxx("d")

     -Steven Rubin