discuss-gnu-electric

Re: compilation error

From: mohamed mousa
Subject: Re: compilation error
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 08:58:43 -0000

From: Steven Rubin <address@hidden>
To: "mohamed mousa" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:31:23 -0800

I am a new user for Electric, i had got the pckage from opencores.
I had done the descibed procedure described in manual to install elctric
under win98.
I have borland C++ version 5 and i use the make tool as follows
MAKE -f Electric.mak CFG="Electric - Win 32 Debug"

I faced the following message

MAKE -f Electric.mak CFG="Electric - Win 32 Debug"
Fatal Electric.mak 920:No terminator specified for in-line file perator.

I had tried to edit the Electric.mak file but nothing done.

This smacks of a file translation bug.  Check to be sure that you used the
proper switches to the "tar" program, specifically about converting newlines.

   -Steven Rubin

Dear Steven
Thanks for your interest.
The installation procedure sress that to check "TAR file CR/LF conversion" switch to be cheched, and that what i had done. So, what is your suggestion conserining swithces.
Thanks
M.Soliman