discuss-gnu-electric

Fwd: Electric on Mac OS-X?

From: Dan Johnson
Subject: Fwd: Electric on Mac OS-X?
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1969 18:39:05 -0600

Begin forwarded message:

Dan Johnson <address@hidden> boldly scribbled:

> Has anyone been successful at port Electric to OS-X? I'd like to compile a
> native version using Aqua instead of X11. Any suggestions/comments?

I have to agree. Nobody has reported an OS-X port to me, and I haven't got an OS-X system yet. I'm curious to know if the old Mac version works under the Classic interpreter.

   -Steven Rubin

Sounds like I'm the first to try this. My first approach was going to be based on using the "Carbon" utilities to see if I can port using the original Mac GUI source as a starting point. I am currently running Electric under the Classic interpreter without any problems. I'd just prefer to run it native so that I don't have to launch the Classic environment every time I want to use Electric. If the porting approach using Carbon fails, I'll probably try to port it using X11 using the XonX sources for Darwin. I guess a manual port using Aqua routines would be my last resort. I am also interested in integrating MacSpice3F4 directly in Electric (with the BSIM 3.3 models). I'll post to the list as I move forward with the project. Thanks for your responses...

Dan Johnson
Epicenter Technologies
Phone: 256-533-9128
Fax: 256-533-9139