discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Electric Java interpreter: failed to register native interfaces

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Electric Java interpreter: failed to register native interfaces
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:08:13 -0700

At 08:48 PM 7/6/2004, you wrote:
What is the possible reason for Java Interpreter failed on "java_environment->RegisterNatives(...)" ? When I clicked Java from language interpreter, this line displayed in message window:
"Failed to register native interfaces". I use j2re1.3 and  electric 6.05-1.

Version 6.05 is quite old (the currently available release is 6.08) so I cannot help debug it. My advice is to ignore the Java interface (build without it). Electric does not need the Java interface, and unless you are doing highly-advanced scripting, you don't either. If you really need Java, wait a few weeks for the next release: it is a complete rewrite of Electric in Java. Then you won't have to worry about the interface at all.

   -Steven Rubin