discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Routing in Electric

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Routing in Electric
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:39:39 -0800

At 01:41 PM 3/9/2005, you wrote:
Hi Steve,

Our cells have ports on layer Metal-1 and we need Metal-1 and other metal layers for routing. How can we specify the maze route (either in 6.08 or in 8.01) to use other layers, such as Metal-2, when we do routing on selected arcs?

The maze router understands obstructions, so it should automatically use layers that do not conflict with existing geometry. You can also use the "Routing Preferences" dialog to specify a default layer.

  -Steve