discuss-gnu-electric

Re: How to add bus exports in Layout view.

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: How to add bus exports in Layout view.
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:39:21 -0800

At 02:29 PM 1/19/2007, you wrote:
How do you add bus exports in a layout view so that they will match
up with the
bus definitions in the schematic when running NCC?

here is the results of the summerize exports on a cell for both the
schematic and layout views, The cell fails NCC, and I don't know how
to label the input ports on the layout so that they match the bus
port in the schematic.

----- Exports on cell 'ALU_Control{lay}' -----
Input ports 'Op[0,1,2]'
Output export 'Cin'
Output ports 'G[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7]'

----- Exports on cell 'ALU_Control{sch}' -----
Input export 'Op[2:0]'
Output export 'Cin'
Output export 'G[0:7]'

This is the correct way to do it. There are no layout busses, so you just create individual exports that match the bus entry names.

If NCC is failing, then perhaps there is some other problem than export name matching. You may want to send a small example to me.

   -Steven Rubin