discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Electric for MEMS and Microfluidics

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Electric for MEMS and Microfluidics
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:28:13 -0800

At 08:21 AM 11/5/2007, you wrote:

Hi, I am new to Electric Binary. I am interested in creating lithography masks for MEMS devices. I wonder if anybody else uses the software for this purpose.

Electric has great import and export capabilities in a variety of formats. I have imported a GDSII mask and for the most part it seems to have imported correctly. How do I change the technology to make it MEMS friendly?

I have some problems with the available technologies. At first glance, there doesn't seem to be any that are truly made for MEMS. In the preferences, I've tried changing the units to micrometers, but it keeps reverting to nanometers. In general I tried changing the nodes and arc to generic, but they keep reverting to mocmos.

Thanks a lot for the help.

I have been interested in MEMS work for some time now, but have never received any guidance on how to make it work. If you are interested in this project, I would be willing to work with you on it. Does Electric need a new technology, or just some changes to existing ones?

   -Steven Rubin