discuss-gnu-electric

Re: MUDDLib07 and Silicon Compiler

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: MUDDLib07 and Silicon Compiler
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:52:17 -0800

At 12:03 PM 2/23/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

Are there some extra steps to make to get a schematic using the MUDD Lib07
components to automatically generate the layout?

When I use the Silicon Compiler I get UNRESOLVED REFERENCES,

   power
   PMOStran
   nMOStran
   ground

Compiling the VHDL to the QUISC file.

Then while reading the .quisc netlist for layout it says that 'ground' is not
in the standard cell library.

The Mudd chip was not generated automatically from schematics...it was laid-out by hand.

The Silicon Compiler in Electric is for gate placement only...not for placing individual transistors. And even if you did get it to work on the schematics, the placement would be pretty bad because the SC is 20 years old and still thinks in terms of making rows with routing channels inbetween.

   -Steven Rubin