[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: how does software radio works.

From: Benjamin J. Tarval
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: how does software radio works.
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:49:21 -0700

> From address@hidden  Mon Jul 23 13:55:00 2001
>
> Thanks Ben,
>
> I concur and am a big fan of the "extreme programming" point of view:
>
>     What's the simplest thing that could possibly work?
>
> Eric

I suspect a Soundblaster card with an antenna on it. And the appropriate
circuitry to interface the antenna with the card.

Towards that goal, I'm moving towards hooking up the Line-Out of an
ordinary radio (receiver-only) with the Line-In of the Soundblaster.
That, at the least, will allow me to work with getting some of the pspectra
code working with ALSA. I'm targeting VrAudioSource for starters.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan to start with? Please let me know
your thoughts ASAP, as I've now got all the hardware and software ready to go,
and was planning on starting on it tomorrow.

        -ben-