[Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone going to BAWUG tomorrow?

From: Steve Schear
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone going to BAWUG tomorrow?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:13:13 -0800

Vincent Coli (vince AT aetherwire DOT com)
UltraWideBand technologies from Æther Wire & Location, Inc.

Ikeda Nobuo (ikeda-nobu AT rieti DOT go DOT jp)
Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry The Spectrum as Commons

Bill Arbaugh (waa AT cs DOT umd DOT edu) and
Arunesh Mishra (arunesh AT cs DOT umd DOT edu)

An Initial Security Analysis of the IEEE 802.1X Standard
The IEEE 802.11 standard is now known to lack any robust security mechanism. A proposed long term security architecture for 802.11 is the Enhanced Security Network (ESN) which uses the recent IEEE 802.1X standard as a basis for access control, authentication, and key management. In this talk, we will present several security problems (session hijacking, and the establishment of a man-in-the-middle) we identified in the state machines of the protocol as well as a severe implementation flaw in a popular implementation. We will also present solutions and mitigation strategies to the problems we've identified.

http://lists.bawug.org/pipermail/wireless/2002-March/005840.html

steve