Re: Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] APCO 25

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: Re: Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] APCO 25
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:12:39 +0000

Hello

>Not familiar with the RF2711.  Who makes it?

 It was made by RF Micro Devices but doesn't seem to be in production
anymore. I was given a few samples last year. Basically you give it an
IF and LO which is twice the IF and out comes an amplified I & Q.

Have you considered just an appropriate bandbass filter centered at
10.7 MHz (if not already suitably band limited), followed by mixing
with 10.7 MHz (or there about) to convert to (or near) baseband,
followed by low pass, then soundcard?  This setup could then be used
to demod pretty much anything that will fit within the bandwidth limits
of the sound card.

We've already got a quadrature demod block:  VrQuadratureDemod

 This sounds like a better route. I can take my IF from the output
of the WFM ceramic filter rather than its input so I will then only
have a bandwidth of 200 KHz or so. I have 10.8 MHz xtal somewhere and
have some SBL-1 mixers in my junkbox. Now you have set me thinking ..

Regards

Ian