Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AMPS implementation

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AMPS implementation
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:13:31 -0800

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:54:10PM +0330, elnaz shafipour wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to know if any on one of you have any document about AMPS
> implementation or do you know how it works.
> thanks

There are several books out that talk about it, though mostly AMPS
will be described in passing, since it's on the way out.

The spec for AMPS is EIA/TIA-553.  If you're into spec reading, I
suggest TIA/EIA/136, the standard for US dual mode TDMA phones.  It
includes interoperability with AMPS and spells out all the details.

The specs are available for purchase from Global Engineering
Documents.  http://global.ihs.com

FWIW, "Understanding Digital PCS: the TDMA Standard" by Coursey,
describes the dual mode standard.

Eric