[Discuss-gnuradio] FYI Smith charts

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FYI Smith charts
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:12:11 -0800

For those of you out there not familiar with Smith charts, they are a
graphical technique for (among other uses) determining RF impedance
matching networks.  They were invented in the 1930's by a Bell Labs
engineer named Phillip Smith.  Besides being useful, they're kind of
cool looking too.  http://www.sss-mag.com/smith.html gives some
examples.  An excellent practical book that covers them is "RF Circuit
Design" by Chris Bowick, ISBN 0-7506-9946-9.

Eric