[Discuss-gnuradio] A very basic VrAudioSource Question

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] A very basic VrAudioSource Question
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 00:23:41 +0000

Hello
     I have just started experimenting writing a program to use the I & Q
data from my quadrature demodulator to do something useful. However I
an embarrassingly basic problem compiling it. The test program is just ..

#include <VrAudioSource.h>
#include <VrConnect.h>

#define SAMP_FREQUENCY 44100

int main(void)
{
VrSource<short> *source = new VrAudioSource<short>(SAMP_FREQUENCY);
}

when compiled with

g++ -Wall test.cc -o test.e -I/usr/local/gnuradio/include

brings up an error that PARANOID isn't defined. So after looking at the
makefile that comes with the example programs I added ..

g++ -Wall test.cc -o test.e -I/usr/local/gnuradio/include -DPARANOD=1

that then brings up lots of errors including ..

/tmp/ccRHaSvh.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN13VrAudioSourceIsEC1EdPKc+0x9b):
undefined reference to `VrSigProc::setSamplingFrequency(double)'
/tmp/ccRHaSvh.o: In function `VrSource<short>::VrSource[not-in-charge]()':
/tmp/ccRHaSvh.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8VrSourceIsEC2Ev+0x10): undefined
reference to `VrSigProc::VrSigProc[not-in-charge](int, unsigned, unsigned)'

 Its obvious I am making a very basic error here by not putting something
in the include path or by not linking to something. Can anyone give me an
example of how to compile this little test program ?

 Sadly I spend most of my time programming for Windows so am not used
to make files but it looks like I am going to have to learn.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Ian

address@hidden