[Discuss-gnuradio] >2 Input Sound Cards

From: David Brodrick
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] >2 Input Sound Cards
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:35:44 +1100

Matt Wrote:
> I have checked in working GrAudioSource and GrAudioSink files.  They now
> handle
> 1 or 2 streams each.  OSS sound drivers split multichannel cards into separate
> stereo devices, so this doesn't stop you from working with >2 channels.
> You'll
> just need multiple GrAudioXXX blocks.

Hi,
  Great to see you have made these useful changes.

  The radio interferometry stuff I have been working on essentially
needs coherently sampled data to work. To date I have been limited to
using two receivers because I only have a stereo sound card. It is
difficult to use two stereo cards as there is no way to ensure samples
are taken coherently.

  So my interest has really been stimulated by the discussion about
sound cards featuring >2 channels. Can anybody suggest a good card with
>2 inputs which is supported by the OSS drivers and hence which should
work with GNUradio?

  Thanks in advance,
    Dave