Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone have any experience with the Analog Device

From: Akshay Mishra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone have any experience with the Analog Devices radio parts?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:10:02 +0530

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:23:46AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
|I've been reading over the archives and don't see
|any mention of the Analog devices analog to digital
|converters (ADC's) coupled with their digital receive
|signal processors (RSPs). The 40 MSPS 14 bit pair looks
|like a nice candidate for gnuradio. They also have
|faster stuff, up to 100 MSPS.
|Note: SPS here refers to throughput, not A/D sample
|rate. Some parts will sample I.F. of up to 500 MHz.
|
|Would these make sense for gnuradio?

Xilinx has come up with a card, (the xtreme dsp card for $1995, which uses the
Analog ADC/DAC's (65MSPS and 165MSPS). This card also has a Virtex II FPGA
onboard which will be useless for this group.

If somebody can come up with a card using these ADC/DAC pair it will be great.
I will be grateful for some inputs wrt designing the same.

Also Maxim-ic has a ADC which can sample upto 400 MSPS with the input signal
bandwidth of upto 2.2GHz.

-akshay.