Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:55:11 -0800

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 07:53:18AM -0600, H. R. Myler (@ MacLULU) wrote:
> Has anyone gotten the system to compile on Mac OS X? I have just
> started with it and ran into snarlies.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harley Myler

Hi Harley,

I don't know of anyone that has tried to run GNU Radio on Mac OS X.
It shouldn't be too hard outside of the GUI stuff, but will probably
require some autoconf hacking to make it automatic.  It would be a
worthwhile effort.   The GUI is going to get reworked over the next
month or so anyway, so please don't let that hang you up.  I'm looking
at moving to wxwindows for a couple of reasons, including cross-platform
portability and good bindings for scripting languages.

Please see what you can do to get it to compile and then let me know
what it took.  I'll apply the patches.

Also, if you send me logs of the failed compilation, I'll provide
suggestions.

Eric