Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Funding available for front-end

From: Steve Schear
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Funding available for front-end
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 08:21:18 -0700

At 12:28 AM 5/11/2003 -0400, Krzysztof Kamieniecki wrote:
Is this legal in the USA?

Sure, such a front end is not a receiver (it doesn't demodulate baseband signals), its a general purpose electronic component or a test instrument which is essentially unregulated by the FCC. In the same fashion, the SDR software is not a receiver its just a signal processing component.

steve

I ask because of the insane cellular law.

M. C. wrote:
Hi,
I'm soliciting bids for the following SDR front-end:
- RF range 20MHz to 1GHz (wider is better... ;) )
- IF in the 1MHz range
- USB or parallel port interface
- Under $500 parts cost
Deliverables would be a prototype and documentation.
This is low-volume and paid for from my own pocket.  Contact me for
additional requirements.
The design can be "open-source".
Thanks!
--