Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I2C Addresses

From: Alan Gray
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I2C Addresses
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:39:38 +1000

Thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious to me Robert, I took a further look at the source code after reading this and it all fell into place. I'm still unsure as to why the address 0x61 is used instead of 0x60 for the microtune module in the GNU radio code, however I now have the module talking to me using 0x60.

I've now run into another problem, as the 4702 employs only one down-conversion stage I'm a little light on gain. As a quick stop-gap measure (I'm still working on designing a second down-conversion stage with associated gain) I'm considering replacing the 390 ohm feedback resistors on the OPA691 with something larger, say 3.9k, to boost things up a bit there. Not being altogether RF savy I thought I'd throw the idea out here before do anything rash.

So, is there going to be any major problem with this strategy? If anyone has other suggestions as to how I should go about getting a little more grunt out of my system, I'd appreciate them as well.

Alan