Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 5 ghz D/A convertor

From: Linus Gasser
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 5 ghz D/A convertor
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:46:18 +0100

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 18:42, akshat  nanda wrote:
> I am trying to implement bluetooth. Is there a 5ghz D/A ; A/D device
> around? Or is anyone trying to find a solution for it?

Usually you don't have a direct connection of D/A to the antenna, but you
produce some intermediate frequency at 20-70MHz that is then upconverted to
the 2.4GHz necessary. So, in a normal setup, you have a D/A and A/D card,
together with an RF-interface.

greets

Linus

Linus Gasser                        Phone:       +41 21 693 5635
EPFL                                FAX  :       +41 21 693 4312
Mobile Communications Lab.          email:  address@hidden
CH-1015 Lausanne                    WEB  : http://lcmwww.epfl.ch
SWITZERLAND                Map: http://plan.epfl.ch/?room=INR037