[Discuss-gnuradio] signal generator project

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] signal generator project
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 08:31:43 -0800

One of the projects that I hope to use the usrp for is a modest signal generator. In looking through the newsgroup archives yesterday, I saw the 1070Khz, DSB-AM transmitter Python code. Google for "1070e3" to see Stephane's code and search in the mail archives for "1070" to see Eric's code.

That leads to the thought that a signal generator on the bench to use for testing circuit design of the 0-20Mhz, sine,square,triangle, ramp with adjustable output from 0dBm to -60dBm or so is easily achievable. It looks like it will be not too much more complicated then a clever application of using the connect method in gr_FlowGraph to pass VR_SIN_WAVE and other parameters.

One way to make progress is to make a front panel with the appropriate buttons, sliders and indicators to emulate an HP or Tektronix signal generator and prototype the code to write to a file while we are waiting on usrp's to be available.

Perhaps others may have some thoughts on how to put this together and we can make it a mini-project as time allows.

Charles