[Discuss-gnuradio] Nice magazine project

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Nice magazine project
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:36:22 +0000

Hello
     The March 2004 edition of the "Elektor Electronics" magazine contains
a nice project that may be useful to anyone wanting some hardware so
they can play at software radio. It is a HF receiver covering roughly
2 MHz to 24 MHz putting out an IF of 12 KHz for input into a sound card.
It is tuned via RS232 and has a Analog Devices AD9835 DDS IC which
mixes the signal down to 455 KHz then filters and amplifies it before
mixing it down to 12 KHz. I would say the cost of components would
easily be less than 100 UK pounds and the magazine are selling PCB's if
you can't make your own for 9.10 UK pounds.

 It is all designed to be a hobbyist DRM receiver but it will be ideal
as cheap and cheerful GnuRadio HF hardware. If you are interested the
magazines website is here ..

http://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk/

 My very poor schoolboy German indicates that this company ..

http://www.geist-electronic.de/

are selling kits for 66.5 Euros.

Regards

Ian